Tansi, anin, edlanet’e, hau and tanshi!
Welcome to the Saskatchewan Bachelor of Science in Nursing (SCBScN) with a presence on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 territories and the homeland of the Métis. The SCBScN program strives to support Indigenous students in their journey to compete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
The SCBScN program has designated 53 seats for Indigenous students out of the 345 seats available in year 1. To qualify for one of these seats, students must meet the admission requirements and be self-declared as an Indigenous person.
If you have questions about how to qualify for one of these designated seats please contact one of the Indigenous Nursing Student Advisors.
Indigenous Nursing Student Advisor
University of Regina
Academic Advisor/Indigenous Support Coordinator
These advisors support Indigenous students in their transition to post-secondary learning and living environments. They know the challenges Indigenous students face, are familiar with Indigenous and nursing cultures, and understand the importance of cultural awareness, sensitivity, competence, humility, safety, and respect. They can provide the following:
- Assistance with applying to the program
- Guidance to successfully complete your application and submit your required documents
- How to self-declare as an Indigenous student
- Access to tutoring (if needed)
- Assistance with applying for scholarships and bursaries
- Access to Elders/Knowledge Keepers
- Help you to networking with fellow Indigenous students
- Indigenous Student Orientation (held a week prior to semester start)
- Summer Transition Program
There are various student groups, supports, and events offered through the University of Regina and Saskatchewan Polytechnic, such as:
- Community for Post Secondary Indigenous Students:
- The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Indigenous Students’ Centre:
- The University of Regina Aboriginal Student Centre:
- The University of Regina Student Success Centre:
- The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Summer Transition Program:
- The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Honour Ceremonies: