The Saskatchewan Academic Health Sciences Network (SAHSN) launched a new preceptor website (www.saskpreceptors.ca). The website was designed to provide training and support to preceptors or supervisors from any health science discipline.
The Preceptor Education and Support in Saskatchewan website features the following:
• E-Tips Training modules for preceptor education:
o Module 1: Setting the stage
o Module 2: Support learning in the practice education setting
o Module 3: Enhance your teaching skills
o Module 4: Foster clinical reasoning
o Module 5: Give Feedback
o Module 6: The evaluation process
o Module 7: Support the struggling student
o Module 8: Resolve Conflict
• Information for anyone considering becoming a preceptor. e.g. What is a preceptor, Role of the preceptor, What makes an effective preceptor, Benefits of preceptorship
• Information on how to interact with students. Downloadable PDFs include: Student orientation, Student preparation, Student progress, giving feedback, tips for teaching adults and more…..
• A discussion forum where preceptors can post questions or documents (registration required, password protected)
• Additional resources such as information and links to preceptor manuals, research articles, and other websites with preceptor specific information.
• News and Events regarding preceptorship in Saskatchewan.