The language of instruction at the University of Regina is English. All applicants to the University of Regina must therefore demonstrate an appropriate level of proficiency in the English language. Any one of the following will be accepted as satisfactory evidence:
- Successful completion of at least three years of formal, full-time English at a secondary school that is a recognized school or institution where English is primary language of instruction.
- Successful completion of the English as a Second Language (Advanced EAP) program or a minimum average score of 55 on the ESL placement exam both offered through the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Regina. For further information, please contact English as a Second Language Office, Room 114, South Residence, University of Regina, Regina, SK, S4S 0A2, Tel: (306) 585-4585 or email@example.com.
- Successful completion of at least 24 credit hours (University of Regina degree level equivalent) in an approved English-language post-secondary institution, including at least 6 credit hours in humanities or social science subjects and with a minimum grade point average of 60.00% or equivalent.
- Advanced Placement English (grade of 3 or better) or International Baccalaureate Higher English (grade of 4 or better) or SAT II English (required score varies).
- GCSE/IGCSE/GCE O’ Level English, English Language, or English as a Second Language with minimum grade of ‘B’ or GCE A/AS/AICE Level English or English Language with minimum grade of ‘C’.
- One of the following tests will also be accepted. Test results must be received by the Admissions Office directly from the testing service before the deadline for receipt of application documents.
a) CanTEST: A minimum score of 4.5 in each of Listening, Reading and Writing and a 5.0 or higher in Speaking.
b) CAEL: A minimum score of 70 with a minimum sub-score of 70 in Speaking and minimum sub-scores of 60 in all other components
c) IELTS: An overall band score of 7.0 with no band less than 5.5 and a 7.0 or higher in Speaking
d) MELAB: A minimum score of 85 with a minimum sub-score of 3+ in Speaking
e) TOEFL: Internet-based (iBt): A minimum overall score of 90 with minimum sub-scores of 20 in Reading and Writing, 26 in Speaking and 22 in Listening
f) TOEFL: Paper-based: A minimum overall score of 580 with a minimum